Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I'm Back

I had some problems back in February, and one thing led to another, and I lost sight of the things I wanted to accomplish. So, I am now back, and will try again.

One of my original goals was to highlight the dangers of building on steep slopes in the mountains. I think that fight has already been won, and there are enough people in the fight on that issue to ensure it goes forward.

Another concern of is global warming. The right wingers have been steadily attacking on this subject for the past four months almost non-stop, and they will not listen to reason, nor do they care about what harm we are doing to the earth.

Right wingers at the BBC have produced a documentary called "The Great Global Warming Swindle" whish is an attack on the environment, Al Gore, and Scientific Consensus. This horrid Docu-Lie is every where, even my sister has seen it, and she thinks it presents the truth, having formerly been swayed by "an inconvenient truth" at the theater. She has even stopped recycling, lumping all her waste in one bag instead of carefully dividing out the plastics, glass, and paper.

I couldn't watch the whole Docu-Lie thing through in one sitting, and had to get up and take a couple of walks to cool down.

For the first time, I fear we may be starting to lose this battle...

No comments: